You can try to re-save your .srt file with other encoding, e.g. with UTF. For example, open your subtitles file in Notepad ( a standard Windows program)> go to File> Save as> select UTF from the dropdown menu. If you get a message that saving as UTF may cause loss of some symbols, don’t do it. Please wait for Freemake Video Converter next release with update.
Alternatively, you can download Sublime Text 2 here and follow the instructions below:
1) Open subtitle file via File - Open file...(pic 1)
2) Click File - Reopen with Encoding and choose the necessary codepage (pic 2)
3) Go to File - Save and save the file with a new name (pic 3)
4) Save file as UTF8 with BOM (pic 4)
5) Add your file into Freemake Video Converter