- Please make sure you are using the latest software version. The current version is always available from our site: www.freemake.com
- Please, make sure your antivirus software doesn't block Freemake. Please turn off your antivirus for a while. For Windows Defender, please follow these steps:
Open Windows Defender Security Center.
Click on Virus & threat protection.
Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
Turn OFF the Controlled folder access toggle switch.
- Open Task Manager, find and stop Productupdater.exe, and try to run Freemake Video Converter again.
- Run the program as administrator. If you use Windows Vista, you can try to run software in a compatibility mode. (Right click on the program shortcut, choose “Properties”, compatibility tab, vista mode).
- In case you've upgraded to Win 10 from Windows XP or have Windows 7, please install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be able to launch Freemake software.
- Please note that we don't support Windows XP anymore. Supported OS: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista.