Before contacting Freemake assistance team, please try the following steps in case you have one of these cases:
- the software doesn't start;
- the software doesn't work after update;
- the software crashes;
- the software hangs up or freezes;
- the software doesn't convert or download the files;
- some of the buttons are not available;
The guide is valid for all Freemake software: Video Converter, Video Downloader, Audio Converter, YouTube to MP3 Boom, Music Box.
Please note that this way requires certain computer skills. If you aren't familiar enough with provided terms, please contact our support team for further guidance.
Please follow the steps below to delete Freemake software and install everything from the scratch:
1. Delete ALL Freemake programs from Add/Remove programs.
2. Delete Freemake plugins/add-ons/extensions from all your browsers, if you have them. If you have several browsers, you need to delete extensions from all browsers where they were installed. Restart all browsers.
3. Delete the folder Freemake from ProgramFiles and ProgramData on drive C
4. Delete Freemake folder from \User\Documents
5. Start Regedit and remove all Freemake registry keys manually via Regedit. See this guide how to open registry editor (RegEdit) in Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Follow this path:
a. current user> software> Freemake. Right-click the mouse button on Freemake key and delete Freemake registry keys. Please see the screenshot as an example. Please be careful and don't delete any key that isn't related to Freemake.
b. local machine>software>WOW6432> Freemake. Right-click the mouse button on Freemake key and delete Freemake registry keys. Please see the screenshot as an example. Please be careful and don't delete any key that isn't related to Freemake.
Or you can remove all Freemake keys with CCleaner or similiar software. Please be careful and don't delete any key that isn't related to Freemake.
6. Restart your computer
8. If you have a Packs, after complete reinstallation you have to activate your key again. You can find your key in email inbox. Open Freemake Video Converter. Go to Help-> Get Pack-> Click “I already have a key”->Insert your key in a field->Click "OK". See the message that you've activated the Pack. That’s it.
In case you did all the steps and it didn't help, please install this software. Let it run on your PC, and then start Freemake again. It won't harm it.
You'll get a LogsFile.zip file on your desktop. Please send it to us. We'll try to understand what's causing the matter on your PC. Don't worry, the software doesn't collect any personal information, only Freemake files, and logs.