First of all make sure you are using the latest Freemake Video Converter version. You can get the new version here.
Please check common issues and fixes below.
1. I add an MKV file and it shows up as audio without video. What can I do?
Please make sure your MKV file doesn't have h265 codec. It's not supported by Freemake.
2. I have problem converting WMV. How to fix it?
Please make sure that you have installed Windows Media Player 11. If you don’t have it, please install it here.
3. I can't add MOD and DAT files in Freemake Video Converter. I get a file open error. What should I do?
You should rename the file extension MOD to MOV, DAT to MP4 or MOV. Then add your videos to Freemake Video Converter.
4. I can’t convert SWF with Freemake Video Converter. What can I do?
Please make sure you have SWF video, not an animation. Freemake Video Converter converts SWF video. Unfortunately, we don’t support SWF animation.
5. I can’t convert correctly RM, RMVB, WTV, DVR, or DVR-MS files. How to fix it?
Freemake Video Converter has certain issues with RM, RMVB, WTV, DVR, or DVR -MS files. For instance, they might not open, be converted incorrectly, get audio out of sync with video, etc.Unfortunately, we don’t have a solution for such problems now.
6. I add an MP4 video and can't hear the sound. What can I do?
There is an issue with mp4 videos created with windows movie maker
please, do the following:
- add your video;
- on the video line choose audio settings - Add audio and when a new window appears choose your video file again;
- convert video to any format.
7. Do you support TiVo, Lagarith or Dxtory?
No. Unfortunately, it’s not in our nearest plans.